Friday, July 17, 2009

This Week...

Just wanted to fill you in on the happenings of my week. It has been a little crazy, a lot blessed, and real busy.

We got back from missions camp on Friday night tired and ready to catch up on rest, but that's not the way it seems to go around our house.

Saturday... Donnie and Beth played in a softball game with parents against players. The parents won. I did laundry ALL day long from our trip the previous week.

Sunday... Went to church and had potluck after church. Helped Beth get ready for volleyball camp. Donnie and Beth went to a softball practice for a church tournament they will be playing in. Donnie hit several balls over the fence. Beth was TOTALLY impressed!!

Monday...Took Beth to MTSU for camp. She did end up with a roommate the second night. This young lady was from Germany and I think Beth shared Christ with her every opportunity that she could get. GO BETH!!

Tuesday...I love projects, so this day I started some different projects in my kitchen and utility room.

Wednesday...Continued with projects and left that afternoon to pick up Beth from camp. I had let the chickens out through the day and was not able to get them back in the pen before we left to pick up Beth. When we got home there was a coon dog in our backyard. The dog hurt two of my hens; one pretty badly. We still have them separated from the others since they have open wounds and chickens like to peck each other if they are bleeding. Bad doggy for hurting my chickens. I know this is their nature; they are hunting dogs, but please don't hunt my chickens.

Thursday...Beth rested most of the morning and hobbled around like an old lady. She was so sore from camp. I got up and went to a moving sale and to Goodwill. Folks, I love Goodwill. I have found so many treasures there and the first Saturday of the month is 1/2 price sale. (I found $40 Lands End Weatherproof Moccasins for $5 the last time I went)

Friday...Finished up utility room and kitchen projects during the day with lots of help from the kiddos. Tonight, Keith and I went to McMinnville to hear my brother preach a revival service. This is the first time I have heard him preach except for the times he has preached to me. :) The other big thing for tonight was for Faith. She is at her first slumber party and she is having a blast. She went to her good friend Carolyna's house for her birthday party. She was so excited to be going to her first official sleepover. She informed me today that she wants to have a slumber party for her birthday and she wants to do things that the big girls do. What is it that big girls do...they eat popcorn, paint their nails and they talk about boys. What am I to do??? :)

Well, that has been our week so far. Tomorrow will be picking up Faith, working in the garden, doing some yard work and hopefully tomorrow night building a bonfire and roasting marshmellows with the family. That will be a great end to a busy week.

So, how was your week. Really, how was it? I hope it was great.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You have been so productive. You forgot to mention that you counselled with a friend on Sunday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counseling with my friend is a priviledge.

    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete