Sunday, February 21, 2010

First Comes the Chicken...

Then come the...


Look at these little golden eggs.  (at least they are golden to us)

We are now getting close to a dozen eggs everyday.  YAHOO!!!  We are beyond excited!

If you lived closer, we would share our bounty with you.  Really, we would.

Now, as excited as I am about the springtime weather today, I think our chickens were even more excited.   They have literally had snow frozen to their feathers a few times this winter, so this sunshine was great for them.  They scratched in the dirt and leaves all day.  THEY WERE HAPPY CHICKENS!








6 comments:

  1. Look at Murr's pretty green eggs...tell her I said hello...and really...are y'all gonna eat a dozen eggs a day? I'm on my way over now...cause I am running low! :)

    Love you! Miss you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chickens look great and to have an abundance in eggs...a blessing! I wish we were more spring like here in Kansas, but it's snowing!!!
    Brrr...I'm ready for milder temps and think I would scratch in the leaves if I could. haha.
    God bless you and may you have a fun week.
    Taking my Vitamin Cs. Fighting colds. Yuck.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live close! I would love to buy some from you. It sure would be nice to know where my food came from!

    Love you,
    Nee Naw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its such a fun time as the numbers grow. Enjoy the eggs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend that gives us eggs from time to time. It's so nice. So, I guess in your case, the chicken came first? :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always say the chicken came first... the Bible says God made the animals...NOT the eggs!! That is my proof!! he he ... so fun to have your own chickens & eggs! =)
    Just Jenn~

    ReplyDelete