There's not much to say about it except that it was great fun. There was lots of loudness, lots of words being thrown all around us that, frankly, I really don't hear very much anymore, and great athletic abilities.
I want to show you a few highlights of the evening...
This message came flashing across the screen for all to see.
I have played dodge ball as a child but never have I played dodge puck. With Keith's depth perception problems, we could have had a big big problem if a flying puck came towards his head.
The game itself was great. The Preds won in overtime during a shootout. Yes, friends, I had a little hockey education that night.
This guy sat in front of us. He was a fan from the Philadelphia Flyers. He was, well let's just say, a very dedicated man who loved his team.
Donnie says, "that's my boy".
Keith asked this cheerleader to have a picture made with him. Can I just say that was very brave for Keith who usually would do nothing like that. I think this will be his Facebook profile pic for awhile.
Of course, Faith wasn't going to pass up a chance to have a photo with a cheerleader. Faith wanted to be right out there with them.
Speaking of cheerleaders...
My sweet hubby will forever be the cheerleader. This is when the college cheerleading comes out in him.
What a treat! Vince Gill sang during halftime. We didn't know he was going to be there.
Do any of you remember Billy Gilman? Probably not unless you have a teenage daughter now who loved him back when...My teenager daughter is one of those girls who said she wanted to marry him. He was popular as a child singer, but I don't think he sings much anymore. Beth was still beyond excited though.
So our day in a nutshell...
Keith had breakfast in bed
Went to an eye doctor appointment
Had delish frozen yogurt at Sweet CeCe's
Walked around downtown Nashville and had people ask us for money
Took Faith's picture with the fake Elvis statue
Ate at the Big River Restaurant and Brewery (no alcohol was consumed)
Went to Preds game and watched them win
Stopped at McDonalds and had dessert on the way home
All fell into the bed exhausted around midnight
WHAT A GREAT DAY TO CELEBRATE KEITH














Awwww...sounds like an awesome day!!! I was wondering if that girl was Keith's "friend" that he took with him. I was gonna get on you for not telling me he had THAT kind of friend!
ReplyDeleteLove you. So glad y'all did it up right! ;0)
My goodness what a memorable day! That's great. ju
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I DO know who Billy Gilman is. And yes it's because I have a daughter, now 22, who was a big fan. Six years ago when we took the classic family vacation out west in the mini-van, that was the CD we heard over, and over, and over. Actually one of my best memories, my kids (boys too) singing along at the top of their lungs. Glad that your family had such a special day and created great memories too.
ReplyDeleteMidge
Howdy
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated birthday to Keith and many more!
What a sweet family celebration to treasure in your hearts for always .
I am so thrilled for you all to have had the
time to spend together creating lasting family memories.
Blessings of joy to you all .
Hugs from Texas
until next time
Happy Trails
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog through Aimee... and I was intrigued by the title of your blog. It's so wonderful to see so many children of God on blogspot. I love it. I find so much comfort, wisdom, care, love and concern among so many believers. Thank you for sharing so openly. I will be adding myself as a follower to your blog. I look forward to reading more.
Hugs,
Penny Sue