All of our children are a gift from God, but Faith truly was a gift that He gave us at the perfect time. I believe part of why He gave her to us was to add to the awesome testimony that He had already given us through our son that we lost. (you can read more about that in a past entry on Sanctity of Life)
Faith was born weighing over ten pounds, so she came into this world making a statement of who she was. She was born ready to take on the world and I see that spirit in her everyday.
She is a wonderful little girl with a huge imagination and a great sense of humor. She has always made us laugh. She has always kept us on our toes. She is the child that keeps things kind of stirred up (in a good sort of way). The rest of us are pretty laid back and conservative. Not Faith. She is always thinking of ways to dress different, wear her hair different, just be a little different than the rest of us.
Faith looks very much like her daddy and really does have his sense of humor. She likes to mimic his jokes, his dances, :), his songs. She likes to be the center of attention. There is not much that she is afraid to do and will try most anything. (pray for her for that)
As for her faith... Faith came to know the Lord this past summer when we were on vacation. Yes, she is young, but I have no doubt that she truly accepted Jesus into her heart that night. She has fruit in her life. She believes in the power of prayer and eagerly will lay her hands on any of us if we are sick and will pray for us with belief that all will be okay. She talks to God as if he were right here with her (He is). She knows that He is her real daddy and that Donnie is her earthly daddy. She tells us that all the time.
I can't imagine what God is going to do with this child, but I believe it will be something awesome. I believe she will be one who will speak up boldy for what she believes and why she believes it. She is very quick to correct someone who uses the Lord's name in a disrespectful way. I am trying to teach her the right way to do this and not an offensive way. Remember she is only six and she isn't quite as polished as the rest of us. (ha, I am not polished and often say things the wrong way). I just know that God will use her little words and actions in the way that is best.
Faith loves to play. She will play with dolls, games, paper, straws, bowls, whatever she can find to play with, she will play. She especially loves to play with her sister who is by far one of her favorite people in the world. She also loves to dress up. There is no telling how I will find her dressed multiple times throughout the day. She makes me laugh.
She is my cuddle bunny. She cuddles up with me everynight in my big oversized chair and we both say that this is our favorite time of the night. I love it and will do it as long as she will.
To my Faith I say...You are my sunshine. You make me happy just by smiling at me. You fill me with so much joy. I am so thankful that God gave me that present that I have always told you about. You know, the gift that I unwrapped and opened up and there you were. You are such a great gift, and your daddy and I are so proud of you and so look forward to seeing the young lady you will become.





She is one of a kind! Very Sweet!
ReplyDeleteThanks. She is a very unique little girl.
ReplyDeleteLove you..
I just love this post. Faith always has been spunky, even when she was in the nursery during VBS. I love her for that. She will always hold a very special place in my heart!! I will forever be her Nee Naw!!
ReplyDeleteLove to you all,
Nee Naw
When I think of Faith, I think of a great big smile and a sweet, sweet spirit! Your post today just confirms my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteAmy, as we both went through the same experience, it is funny how we ended up with our babies, who are almost identical in their personalities. Faith and Cooper are SO much alike. I can't believe it! He keeps our house very lively at all times. And, while we don't have the Barbies, we have the action figures, who take on many different roles. He's has so much imagination. He amazes me daily.
ReplyDeleteHolli
Dear Nee Naw, Faith says she loves you. We all love you. You are all of our Nee Naw.
ReplyDeleteJudy, Thanks for the thoughts on Faith. Aren't all children such a blessing that can just brighten our days with just a smile or a word?
ReplyDeleteHolli, I love it. Yes, we did go through very similar situations, didn't we? God took such good care of us. We need to let Cooper and Faith play and they can combine action figures and Barbies. Wonder if they would hurt each other. Barbie is pretty fierce!
ReplyDelete