Monday, November 2, 2009

All Dressed Up

The family dressed up Saturday night and went to church for a Fall Festival. I was expecting the kids to come out dressed up, but not so much the hubby. You see, I do not like to dress up and I guess I figure most other adults don't like to either. I don't know why I don't like it, I just get embarrassed. I know, I need to get over it and just let loose, but, it's just awkward for me.
And then there's Donnie. I don't think anything embarrasses him, and he is the most carefree person I know. He is so laid back and so much fun. I guess I am wound a little too tight. I need to be more like him and just have fun and not care what anybody thinks about me.
Anyway...Donnie came out dressed like Farmer Brown or should I say Farmer Kinser since we do have chickens now? He was so funny walking around like, well, a farmer, holding onto his overalls and all. I don't know how to exactly explain it. It was just funny. And to add to the funny was the fact that he had to put the chickens up before he left for church. So there he was outside chasing chickens with his overalls and hat on. You gotta love my man just for being him. Nothing fake, no pretense, just the amazing man God made him to be.
Faith was all glitter and glam dressed up like, as she said, a jazz girl. Beth was all Vols and Keith was a TN Titans fan. I was proud of my big kids that they dressed up at all. They think their too big to dress up. Hum, maybe if I let loose more, then they might also. Something to think about.







4 comments:

  1. Great family photos. I loved the ones of your kids sleeping too. I agree, I love to see my kids sleeping, I always have. There's such a peaceful "all's well with the world" feeling when you go in a find them asleep. No matter how old they get. I don't dress up either. I guess I'm wound a little too tight too :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on, Amy...you can do it!! Even I dressed up this year. I'm trying to loosen up, too!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I hate to burst your bubble, but you all just look like every other redneck in Coffee County! lol I know I see people like Donnie, Keith and Beth in Wal-Mart every day. Also, if you can go in to Goodwill in your pj's (and maybe braless ;) then why can't you dress up for Halloween? I'm just sayin'...

    Love you,
    Nee Naw

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for your beautiful words this morning.....they are such a comfort.

    sure looks like your family knows how to have a good time~

    chasity

    ReplyDelete