Monday, November 9, 2009

Pictures and Picnics

Am I the only one who lays in bed at night and thinks of all the things that need to be done? It seems like night time is the time that my mind starts working and then I can't sleep because I am planning.

Last night I started thinking of Christmas pictures for cards and presents. I wanted to do something different than last years not very happy about Christmas photo. I decided what I wanted the kids to wear (yes, they will still wear what I ask on occasion), and where I wanted to take the pictures.

When they woke up this morning, I let them know that the photographer (me, free and not very professional) would be coming to the house at 11:00 for pictures and that they had to be happy and cooperative. We would start off in the front yard and then venture to the beautiful falls that are only a few minutes from our house.

Our photo session went great. I took 233 photos and I think I got about three that I really like of the three kids together. I guess when you only have a few to choose from, things are a lot easier.

I have to tell you the best part of our day. My sweet precious kids surprised me with a wonderful picnic lunch that they had packed for us to eat at the falls. We had hot dogs, chips, chocolate oatmeal cookies and my favorite drink, Diet Dr. Pepper in a bottle!!! It was awesome!!! Do I have to tell you what great kids that I have? They are so sweet and so thoughtful and truly do like to do things to make me happy. They know that I love surprises and that I don't surprise easily. They did a good job.

I am not going to post the kid's pictures yet so that they will be a surprise to our family who are getting one. I do want to show you the falls and the picnic though.






Can you believe I can see this beautiful handiwork of God's within a couple of minutes from my house? I take it for granted and shouldn't.

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful kids, and such a beautiful setting. Your blessed to see live so close to so much natural beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl!!! You got a jump on it this year!! I am SO impressed! Can't wait to see the finished products...that is if I get one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful kids you have! And you're right, you are very fortunate to have such a great view. Thanks so much for joining my followers list! We're having a blog party Dec. 4th and would love for you to join in.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is incredible!! And the kids are so cute! Love Chris Tomlin also...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful!!!!and my grandchildren are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed my first visit to your home and surroundings. We too have quie a view just outside our windows where we can see Majestic Mount Rainier and sometimes the rest of the Cascades.

    I truly liked your pictures...I think they are wonderful.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete