Saturday, January 9, 2010

Remember the Challenge?

Wanted to give a quick update on the challenge I accepted at the beginning of the month.  Remember my plans to eat out of our pantry for the entire month of January and spend no more than $75.00 on groceries for the month?

I am happy to let you know that we are going strong!!  I have only spent $30.00 to this point and that was just for some basic things like dairy, fruit, juice, a big container of oats and, my must have, Diet Dr. Pepper.

This has been a cool challenge because it makes me think out of the box and I love breaking tradition now and then.  I am a pretty routine kind of gal most of the time. 

I will be going to the store in the next few days just to pick up those basics again.  I think we need milk, juice, maybe a bag of chips because I have used up all of my nuts and bolts supplies, Diet Dr. Pepper again and I guess ice-cream because Faith is not happy that we have been out of it for three days now.  I think we can make it on everything else that we have. 

So we continue on this challenge.  I will let you know how we continue to do.  You really ought to try it.

3 comments:

  1. I just hopped over here for a visit. :) great stuff! We have been doing the pantry thing too. I just went to the grocery store today for all those things we were now out of. it felt good to restock and know we'd hit the back of the pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new blogger - browsing around this week - I think this is a great challenge! My pantry is not full enough or organized enough for me to take this challenge on this week.... but it has given me the inspiration to go to the store with a full tummy ;) and only buy what I need! Thanks for sharing! PS... I love diet dr. pepper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me too. I'm not attempting $75 but my family is starting to ask me when I'm ever going to the store :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete