Do you notice anything strange and sad about this pretty little thing?
I know, it's gross...
Can you see that big patch of feathers that are gone?
So sad, in my opinion, but that is just part of being a hen. It's not part of being a rooster...know what I mean? The roosters are rough on my poor hens.
Is anyone wondering why she is named Hope?
Beth named her that and she had a whole list of reasons why...
1. She hopes she will never get stuck on the top of the chicken pen again.
2. She hopes she will stop being abused by the roosters.
3. She hopes the feathers on her back will grow back.
4. She hopes Keith will never trap her in the net again.
5. She hopes she won't end up on the kitchen table.
I'm thinkin Hope is a great name for this hen. Don't you agree?







If you name them it makes them hard to eat! I named a cow, once. Notice I say once because I cried when I found out that she became my hamburger!
ReplyDeleteHope all is well. I love you all!
Nee Naw
Amy...Amy...Amy...I become more and more alarmed by the way these animals treat each other. Really. People get put in jail for having dogs that do this to one another...I'm just sayin...
ReplyDeleteI love you and miss you bunches...and bunches...and bunches.
PS....I don't think you should be in jail...just sayin' that ummm...well....these are mean little critters!
ReplyDeleteErr... I really don't want to be obscure or anything, but is that injury kind of like rug burn?
ReplyDeleteHey Amy. Just stopped in to see how things are going. Oh' poor hope. What a pretty hen if you don't look at the missing feathers. Ha-ha. Sounds like your daughter did a lot of thinking to come up with her name.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Thursday. Hugs...Tracy :)