I think most of my friends are speechless about our latest family decision. I have had one comment from my sweet Mary and bless her heart even she is not quite sure what to think of me and she knows me so well.
I will tell you that all the chicks are growing and doing well. They are eating well, pooping well and thankfully not pecking each others eyes out which is what one book told me they could possibly do. HOW AWFUL is that? We actually were graciously given three more chicks by a friend whose husband was very unhappy with her purchase without permission so now we have fifteen.
We have named several of our chicks but are waiting on one special one that I am going to name Murrr, in honor of my friend Mary. We are waiting because we want to make sure that the one we name after her is a hen and not a rooster because we can only keep one or two roosters and I want to make sure I don't have to get rid of Murr. AND even more so that she is not named after a rooster because the extra roosters will end up in my freezer and thus on my table. I just can't bare the possibility of eating my friend.
Will keep you posted on our little backyard farming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Did Daff buy chickens without asking Greg? LOL! Thanks for waiting to name mine ;) Love you!
ReplyDeleteAmy, Amy, Amy, I can't believe my eyes. I just do not see you as a chicken person. You never cease to amaze me.
ReplyDeleteWe are looking for land and may put a cow on it. Maybe if it works out your chickens can come visit. LOL I hope all goes well with this adventure though. Love you lots!
Nee Naw
Ha!! Not Daff. I will send you a photo when we get yours picked out.
ReplyDeleteLove you lots.
Nee Naw...I don't know that I saw me as a chicken person, but I do like to go out on a limb and be a little different in my own conservative way. You share your milk and I will share my eggs. Bartering it is called. Sound good?
ReplyDeleteLove you and as always miss you.
Amy,
ReplyDeleteI'm so confused, you chickens and Nee Naw a cow! What are my friends coming too! No, it's not me, but I'm sure my kids wished it was. Amy, you guys will have to sell us some eggs when you have them. I've never had an egg other than the store. What's wrong with me!
Love you bunches
Daff
It's like Green Acres, isn't it? You just might be next when you and Gregory move out to your land.
ReplyDeleteI will share our eggs with you guys. I have prayed over them numerous times and prayed for a bounty of eggs so that we could share with our friends.
Miss you and love you.
Fresh eggs and fried chicken sounds good, but I think I will get mine from Publix or Kroger! Good luck with your new endeavor!
ReplyDeleteMama Judy
Hi Mama Judy. Your sweet daughter told me the very same thing. I will let you know how we do.
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful that Mr. Richard is doing better. We love you both.