I also have heard many stories of strong odors, messy yards and just uncleanliness in general. I can promise you that if we have major odor problems or poop problems, I will do something about it. I don't know what, but I will do something. Or maybe we will just get use to it and not even notice. That could be a bad thing, I guess. Maybe Yankee Candles make a candle to put into a chicken pen.
I also have to remember that most good things come with a little price. I will let you know what
"price" I have to pay for getting delicious brown eggs right from our back yard.
I was telling a friend today at church that I think I might be interested in homesteading. There would be a lot of things that I would enjoy and some not so much. The not so much would include sewing our family's clothing. I like pretty clothes too much. (just being honest) I did like a comment that a lady made about what makes her content and it certainly speaks for me as well. She said that she is the most content when she lives a life in her home, doing the things that make her home run smooth and giving her family a quality of life that is fulfilling. I love being home with my family, enjoying time with them, cooking meals for them that are good for them and of course tasty, homeschooling them and just doing our own thing. I could become a hermit if I wasn't careful. I am just content at home when my family is here with me.
I will keep you updated on our new chicks and anything else that we venture into next. I have no idea what it might be, but God does.
Keith was broken in properly by this baby chick. It pooped all over his hand and shirt. YUK! Glad it was Keith and not me.
Doesn't this look like going to KFC and getting fried chicken? This is how we brought the chicks home.
All the kids have picked their favorites and named them.
This is Fluffy. Faith picked this one out especially for her. Daddy is teaching her how to hold it and not be scared.
And this is their new temporary home in a box in my garage. They seem happy, warm and cozy. If their not, I guess I will never know.





I have no words :)
ReplyDelete...but I do love you!!
Aren't you glad to have a "different" kind of friend? It's the best of both worlds here, I hope.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for you to come and see what we have got. You know that you will love me no matter what we do even if it is far out there.
I LOVE YOU TOO!!