The Biggest Yard Sale in America......here we come. My paper reads, "A 4-day extravaganza that stretches 654 miles along one road." Can you believe 654 miles of yardsales? This mega, ginormous(not a word, I know), yardsale begins in West Unity, Ohio, and goes all the way to Gadsden, Alabama, and I am going to it!!!
Actually, Keith and I are going. Keith is my navigator and will be map reading and directing for me. He will also be my bodyguard when those ladies are trying to snatch my newfound treasures from my hands.
We will leave tomorrow morning and drive up into Kentucky and then turn around and start shopping and working our way down Hwy 127. We are planning to stay Thursday night and Friday night along the way. We have been checking out some hotel ideas in certain towns and aren't finding many hotels that I have ever heard of. You have to remember that most of these towns we will go through are pretty small. Have you ever heard of Sportsmans Lodge Motel, Conner Motel, Grider Hill Dock & Indian Creek Hotel, Quilt Country Inn or Sulphur Creek Resort? No, neither have I. Let's hope there is a Hampton Inn or something similar somewhere along this path.
Pray for Keith and I as we go on our treasure hunting trip. Pray for our safety and that this will be a great time of fun and bonding for mother and son. I can't wait to spend the weekend alone with him. He and I get to do very little alone since the girls usually want to go anywhere I go. This will be good for he and I and I look so forward to the memories we will make together.
I'll fill you in next week on all we did, where we stayed, what we found and funny things that happened.
Stay tuned to Amy and Keith's Big Adventure on the Yardsale Trail......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





OK...PLEASE take your camera...and a journal. I need details and visuals!! And I might just take you up on this for next year. What an adventure!
ReplyDeletePS....beware of those hotels...remember the "Knotty Pine" sounds quaint, too! LOL!
Love you and be careful! Don't forget your camera!
Mike's parents always went to that yard sale every year. Hope you guys have a safe, fun trip!
ReplyDeleteGo get you some bargains, Girl!!
Holli
You make me smile. I love my Murr!! I am definately taking my camera.
ReplyDeleteHolli, I've got my list of what I'm searching for and then there are the surprises!!
ReplyDelete