Keith and I left out Thursday morning for our three day adventure. Boy, was it an adventure. We decided to go up into KY for several miles and then turn around and start coming down HWY 127 and begin our shopping. Let me tell you that there were yardsales everywhere. They were on both sides of the rode for miles and then there would be a break and then more and more. It was crazy good. We didn't travel many miles a day because we were in and out of the van so much.
I have to tell you that I have never seen so much junk. Yes, I said junk. Now, I have to tell you that I like pretty junk, but a lot of this stuff was not pretty junk it was just plain ole junk. There was glassware everywhere you turned. Tables and tables of it. I was not particularly looking for glassware so it didn't mean much to me. The other thing we saw plenty of was what Keith called "love" books. He was looking for good hardback books and he mostly found romance novels. He did find some good ones that he wanted so he was happy.
I was looking for some vintage items. I really wanted some "shabby chic" looking things and was happy to find several really neat things. Treasures were everywhere.
Keith and I stayed Thursday night in Cookeville and planned to stay Friday night but "plans" changed when we had our wreck. We did get to yardsale all day Thursday, Friday and then believe it or not we went back on Sunday. Let me explain...
This weekend was as much about spending time with Keith as it was about finding treasures. I wanted to spend time alone with my son. I wanted to get to know him again without any sisters or anyone else around. I have to tell you that it was wonderful to be with just him. We had a blast. We laughed, talked, laughed and talked more. The reason we went back on Sunday, even after wrecking and being exhausted, was that we were not finished with our time together. We had planned on three days together and we wanted to do just that. Since we lost Saturday, we finished up on Sunday. I am so glad we did. We had great conversations all day long. Let me say again...it was wonderful.
So, despite the fact that we were in an accident...stood in the middle of HWY 127 yardsale traffic for two hours...had to unload every item that I had bought into a parking lot...watched my van be towed away...wait for my brother-in-law to come from Cookeville to Crossville...IT WAS A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!





Ummm...was that lady for sale...or just the bathing suit? Hey...show me some pics of your loot, too! Love you and so glad y'all went back Sunday!;)
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking you could take her with you bathing suit and all. Two for one deal...
ReplyDeleteLove you and thanks again for being my shoulder even from GA.
This looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have heard of this amazing yard sale, but had no idea it was that big!
I wanted to say thank you for the wonderfully, spiritually encouraging words in your comment. It truly blessed me!
Jim told me about your wreck. I am assuming everyone is fine?!?! I hope so!
ReplyDeleteI love that you spent time with Keith. It is hard sometimes for me to find things to do with Taylor that involves just us. He is 13 so he doesn't always want to hang out with mom, but I think it is important to talk and just hang out with him. This is such an awkward age for him and me! Kudos to you for taking time to be with just him!!
Love you all,
Nee Naw
Hey Nee Naw. We are both fine.
ReplyDeleteYou should try to find something for ya'll to do together. You know that when they become a teenager, it's like you are in two different worlds.
I love you.
Holy Cow! We don't have those kinds of yardsales around here...I'm jealous!
ReplyDeleteI would have totally bought that manequinne and left it on my brother's doorstep!
Sorry you crashed...that stinks!
I like yardsaling but I have so sure I would like it this much. But I do love reading and hearing about it! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletePam