Thursday, October 8, 2009

Borrowing Ideas

Why am I posting pictures of my living room decor? I really don't know because it is certainly a step out of my comfort zone to put something out for others to see and critique. But, I have seen so many blogs lately with such neat decorating ideas that I had to try some of them. There are some majorly talented ladies out there with fantastic ideas on "fluffing your nest".

So here goes with just a couple of pictures of some recent changes I have made. Let me start by saying that I was getting to the point where I felt like I was in a cookie cutter house that was starting to look like the Kirkland's showroom. Not that I don't LOVE Kirklands, because I do. It's just that everything looked very much like NOT my ideas and that everything came from one place. I have to admit that I have loved crafting, restyling and DIYing, and making things more my own.

So here are some of my new fun changes.

Do you notice the far right candle stick is crooked? When I had my wreck this summer, that candle stick was broken and I couldn't fix it back properly, so I guess it will always be a reminder.









So there you go. Hope you enjoyed seeing where my family and I spend most of our time. I can't wait to get on to the next project. My family looks forward to it also, I'm sure. :)

6 comments:

  1. Too cute!! Maybe you should start a decorating business. I could be your first customer! :)

    Love ya,
    Nee Naw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nee Naw. It's just because you love me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    Thank you for visiting my blog and following. You have certainly been blessed with a beautiful family. I'm glad you took the plunge and jumped into the decorating pool! You have a wonderful collection of interesting pieces, and arranged them nicely. I definitely relate to your broken candlestick. Life is imperfect so glue it and enjoy it, that’s what I do. Feel welcome to drop by my site anytime, it’s always nice to meet new friends.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy! Thanks so much for coming by and leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. You should never be afraid to to show off your lovely home. We are all secret home voyeurs and LOVE to see what other gals do inside theirs!! I especially like what you did to the top of your bookcase. Have a lovely sweetie.

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely home~
    Thank you for praying for me. I am a bit better~I am taking an R&R today. Have a great day!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might not be perfect...but I looove those candlesticks. You have a lovely home...thanks for sharing it with us.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete