Friday, October 23, 2009

Goodwill and Starbucks!!

Just a quickie....

Beth and I snuck out of the house last night around 7:00 without the boys or Faith knowing, and headed to Starbucks for a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte. We decided along the way to stop in and take a quick jaunt around Goodwill and look for any neat goodies. Oh yeah, did I tell you that we were in our pjs? Beth had wet hair and pjs on and still looked cute as a bug. I, on the other hand, looked like I really needed to be shopping for clothes and not house stuff. I had on pajamas and Beth's size 9 shoes on my size 7 1/2 feet. I didn't think I was going inside anywhere so I just grabbed them from the garage. I also had to put on a bright UT Vols jacket of Beth's, that thankfully was in the car, because my pjs were not as presentable as they should have been.

Anyway...what a fun time we had. It was short and sweet, but such a memory maker. I love making memories with my kids. Don't you???

Oh, and Faith got pretty upset that I snuck off without her and couldn't understand why I didn't bring her a Starbucks back. We did, however, stop at the store and grab a box of hot cocoa to make for the rest of the family. Not Starbucks, but still good.

7 comments:

  1. Yes...my girlfriend and I went in our jammies to Dunkin Donuts for coffee while I was visiting her in Pennsylvania last month...fun huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one question...did you have your bra on? ;)

    On second thought...don't answer that...I don't want to know. :)

    What a fun memory! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!
    This sounds like a fabulous memory to have made!!!
    I would have been right there with you had I known you were sneaking off for coffee and the Goodwill Store. Oh what fun this is. So glad you have shared.
    Have a great week-end and God Bless,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, we would have sure let you join us, pajamas and all. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA, Mary Goltz!! I can't answer in mixed company. Wish you could have gone with us. We would have gotten you hot cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun memory. You're a gutsy mom. My daughters look far better in there jammies than I do. I'd have done the Starbucks run but don't think I'd have the guts to go in the goodwill store. Maybe your pj's are better than mine. This was a great story. Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me such a warm welcome.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy!

    I just had to come by and say thank you so much for your sweet comforting comment on my blog. Praise God for his grace! Oh, and what a great story. It sounds like you had fun!

    Blessings,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete