Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Big Girl Room

Faith has waited in line to finally get her bedroom makeover. She had to wait for Keith's room to be done, then Beth's and then finally hers. She has talked about a new big girl bedroom for a long time and now finally she has it.



Lots of changes were made. We went from a twin bed to a full bed. We went from light pink and beige to bright blue and green. We put little girl "stuff" away and brought out bigger girl "stuff". She is so excited with the changes we made. This is definately a happy room.


This makeover was a family affair. From painting to hanging, from putting together to taking away, we all worked together to get this done for Faith. We worked late night (into the morning) hours and laughed through most of it. The Kinsers can always find a way to make something funny when others probably wouldn't see the humor at all. That's another thing that I love about my family. I also love that everyone is willing to work together to get something done.



Faith can't wait to have her first friend to sleep over in her new bed. No more sleeping on the floor for Faith and Lily. Now they will both fit. Hooray!! And when mommy lays down with Faith at bedtime, there will be plenty of room. Hooray Hooray!!


Faith's old room and comforter. Bye bye sweet pastel colors....Keith worked on outlets, painting, moving and other necessary jobs.
Beth built things, hung curtains, painted and anything else that I was doing. She's my painting and construction partner. Very handy.Donnie helped paint polka dots at 12:30 am after just getting home from work. What a great guy.Hello happy room!!! We only put polka dots on one wall right behind the bed. We love this room and all want to stay in there. It just brightens your mood.This is Faith's little play and tv nook. I expect to see lots of Barbies and doll playing going on here.Faith's original artwork. LOVE IT!!

Faith is one happy little, I mean bigger girl. The smile is worth it all. She kept bouncing around saying "This is my room, this is my room." How sweet to hear words of gratitude and happiness. I am so happy that she is so excited.



JOB WELL DONE, KINSER CREW!!!







9 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! Tell Miss. Faith that Lily is on her way!!

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys worked hard, it looks great! Carolyna is wanting a polka dot room too. We might have to copy! I hope you guys are doing good. I hope you got my message about Pat.

    Love and miss you!
    Daff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It matches Faith so well and it does look like a very happy room :) Maybe I can talk John into painting our room like this - haha!

    Hope you all have a very blessed Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith wants Lily to be on her way tonight. Can you make that happen?

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Daff. We had fun but it was hard. Glad it's all done.

    I did get your message. Thanks. Been praying.

    Love you and hope to see you all real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Shelly. It might keep you and John awake. :) Those polka dots do suit my bubbly little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Faith's new room. It is adorable! We don't have rooms that look like that in my house.

    Tell the "big" girl the Lawsons (especially Rynie) says Hi!

    Holli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Holli. Faith says thanks to Rynie. She says the whole Kinser family did her room and that she helped just a little. She also said that she hopes to see him soon. (all of these words were from Faith to Rynie while she was smiling from ear to ear.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This room is so nice!
    The artwork is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete