Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy 17th

We celebrated Keith's 17th birthday today. I can't believe my first born baby is now 17. Boy, it makes me feel old. You know my birthdays don't bother me, but my children's do. I am not ready for them to be grown up. I am not ready to have to let go. I love my children so very much and can't imagine them being away from me. But, I know the time will come and with Keith it will come soon. "Lord, prepare me."

We were supposed to go to Olive Garden tonight but because of unforseen circumstances we needed to stay in Tullahoma and eat. So China Wok was it tonight. Keith was perfectly fine with going to eat chinese because his daddy promised he would take us to Murfreesboro this weekend to Olive Garden. We also took Keith to rent a movie to watch for his birthday. You will never believe what he picked; 16 episodes of Green Acres on DVD.

We got home and opened presents and ate cheesecake. Keith loves any and all kinds of cheesecake so I don't have to have birthday cakes made anymore. Kind of sad because I miss Cindy's delicious cakes she made for us every time a birthday came around. Another part of growing up, I guess.

We have settled in now to begin our Green Acres marathon and fall asleep in front of the televison. I think Keith has had a good birthday. I think he felt special today on his special day. I sure hope so because he deserves it.

Happy Birthday son. I love you more each and every day and I think that you are the finest young man in the world. I am so proud and thankful that God gave you to me on March 16, 1992.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that he had a good day...what is he holding? Rolls of pennies? Give that guy a big hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Keith is 17? I can not believe it. Keith, I hope you had a wonderful birthday. You are growing into such a fine young gentleman. I love you all!!

    Nee Naw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Keith!!!!!! I can't believe it!I remember when you were a wee little boy. I hope you had a wonderful day. Your a special young man and I pray that you always keep the Lord close.

    Love,
    Daff

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was rolls of coins and bills. He loves money like all teenagers do. Easy gift giving now; money and music. I will give him a hug from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nee Naw. I will tell him you said so. We ALL love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe he is 17, Daff. Time flies. Montana will be that age before you know it. And you are like me;what will we do when they are grown and gone? Enjoy every minute now. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete