Sunday, October 25, 2009

"I Went to the Animal Fair"

No, we didn't actually go to an animal fair, but our daddy daughter band sure did a great job singing the song. Do you know the one...We went to the animal fair, the birds and the beasts were there, the big baboon by the light of the moon, was combing his auburn hair. The monkey, he got drunk (no, we do not promote drinking of any sort), and fell on the elephant's trunk, the elephant sneezed and fell to his knees, and that was the end of the monk...the monk...the monk.

You probably have no idea what this song is, but my children always thought it was so funny when their daddy sang it for them.

A couple of nights ago, Faith made up tickets for she and Daddy's concert. And, oh what a concert it was. Great singing and awesome instrument playing. What talent these two have!!
Just an added note...I absoltuely love seeing my sweet husband being the wonderful daddy that he is.




4 comments:

  1. I love it when it's just family fun. You got some nice photos, did you get a video of the whole thing too?
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to have tickets to the next concert, please. :)

    And thanks for clariflying the part about getting drunk. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is darling, hadn't heard it before. Love the pics.

    Have a beautiful & wonderful week. TTFN~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing memories you're making for your family! My older children (now in their early twenties) are always reminiscing about how they sold tickets (to mom and dad) for their homemade plays when they were younger. They also used to write newsletters (copying me--methinks) and call family meetings so they could read them out loud. I found one the other day that Clancy wrote when he was 10--it was so funny and brought on such nostalgia.
    Warmly,
    Tracey
    P.S. Priceless images, these.

    ReplyDelete