Monday, October 5, 2009

What a Special Day

Yesterday was a very special day for our family. Our sweet baby girl turned 7 years old and she was baptized all in one day.

It was a cloudy and rainy day, but oh how that didn't matter even one little bit. Joy filled our hearts as we walked down into that beautiful lake and took our places before God and our family and friends and baptized our sweet Faith. Donnie did a wonderful job, and how blessed I was to be able to be right out there with them.

I have to tell you how much it meant to me to have certain people there with us to help celebrate this special day. Not to get real personal, but my parents divorced a long time ago and my dad moved to Texas and married a wonderful lady there. Since they live so far away we don't often get to share birthdays and occassions like this together. As a matter of fact, this was the first of my three children that my dad has seen be baptized. Let me just tell you how wonderful it was to look up on the bank of that lake and see my wonderful mom, and my dad and Martha standing there. It was a hallelujah moment for me. I was totally thrilled to have them all there together.

There were a lot more special people who helped us celebrate, and to all of them I say thank you for helping make this day even more special by your presence. We love you all.

Not to overlook Faith's birthday, I will tell you more about that later. Fun was had by all here at the house celebrating big #7!!

HALLELUJAH!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!

5 comments:

  1. The angels of heaven were celebrating this joyeous occasion!
    To think we can have our name written in the Lamb's Book of LIFE is something to shout about.
    Amen and amen,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that everything went well...oh how I wish I could have been there!

    Love and miss you and can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I saw that you are now a follower of my little blog and thought I'd pop in!

    One of my favorite things to do during baptisms is to watch the parents. Their joy brings me to tears. How did you hold it together??!?! :)

    I'm also a homeschooler, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a PRECIOUS moment!!!
    I love the look on your face.

    ReplyDelete