Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration 2009

The kids and I watched Fox News all day today as our 44th President, Barack Obama, was being sworn in. It was a historical day that's for sure.

We watched as the transition of power took place and the Bushes with great dignity and respect welcomed the new president and first lady. I was so impressed with how these two families seemed to treat one another.

I pray for our new president that first of all he knows Jesus as His Lord and Savior and that he will seek God's wisdom in every decision he makes from here forward. I pray for God's presence and protection upon him, his wife and children.

I thank you, President Bush, for being the kind of man that I would like to be friends with, that I would like to have dinner with, that I think would pray for me if I asked. I believe you are a fine man.

God bless the United States of America!!

2 comments:

  1. Very well put! I didn't vote for Obama, but now that he's there, I think we have to pray for them and for the nation and go forward.

    I'm enjoying your blog. Tell Beth, "Happy Belated Birthday!"

    Take care.
    Holli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holli, Thanks. I do agree that our prayers should stay with this administration.

    I will tell Beth. Let me know when you start a blog and I will keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete