Friday, January 16, 2009

Sanctity of Human Life Month

This time of year floods my mind with thoughts of the precious unborn child that lies helplessly in it's mother's womb waiting to be brought into this world. It reminds me of my unborn child, that not by my choice, left my womb and went straight into the arms of Jesus.

At fourteen weeks along in my pregnancy we went to the doctor to have an ultrasound to find out the sex of our third child. How excited we were to find out if we were having another boy or another girl. On that day, as I lay there on that table, we found out that our precious baby had died.

To make a long story short, our doctor recommended that I not have any procedure done to take the baby but that I should let my body naturally take care of this. We agreed with this decision and decided to just wait. After almost two weeks of waiting and praying, I finally had our son.

Let me tell you about him. Remember that we didn't know that he was a he until that day that we had him because the ultrasound could not tell us. Our son, approximately fourteen weeks along, fit in the palm of our hands. He had precious little fingers that were forming beautifully. We saw the slits where his eyes were beginning to form. He had precious kneecaps, little webbed toes and we could see exactly where his wonderful smile would have been. How beautiful a gift from God that we held in our hands. This was our son. This was Keith and Beth's baby brother. This was a child, a human being. This was not a blob of tissue as some would say.

I believe that our son was given to us for a time so that we could share our story of the preciousness of every human life. I believe we were given this trial so that we could use it as a testimony of God's love. I believe that we went through this so that I could share with women who had either lost a baby due to miscarriage or abortion that their baby was in heaven waiting for them and that if they knew Jesus as their Lord and Savior then they too would be able to see their child someday. They, like me, will be able to see Jesus first and then have Him put their precious baby in their arms to hold forevermore. How exciting it is to know that not only do I get to see Jesus but also my son.

Let us always rememeber to value God's precious gift of Life. Let us remember to pray for the unborn child. Let us not forget to pray for the moms and dads who may have a very difficult decision to make someday. Let us not judge a mother or a father who has chosen abortion as an option. Let us remember that God loves that person and does not want that person to suffer because of the decision they made. He wants to forgive them and wants that person to forgive themselves.

James Dobson said in a recent article that I read, "We must also remember the orphan, the widow, the aged, the mentally and physically handicapped, the unlovely and all those whom society brands as dispensable." All life is worth preserving. Let us not ever forget that.

One of my husband's favorite Bible verses that got him through our loss was "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord." God creates life. It is not our job to end a life.

By the way...our son's name is Donald Keith Kinser, Jr., aka Little Donnie. If you have a baby in heaven and have never named your baby, I would ask you to prayerfully consider giving your sweet baby a name. No matter how long ago your loss, it is never too late to recognize this baby as your child and to name this baby. And always remember that your sweet child is waiting for you when you get to heaven so make sure that you know that you know that your salvation is secured through Jesus Christ.

I want to end by telling you what I call just another awesome God thing. We had Little Donnie on February 10, 2001 and then one year later to the date on February 10, 2002, we found out that we were expecting another baby. Is that not awesome? Would you be surprised to hear that this precious baby girl was given the name Faith? It was our faith in the almighty God that brought us through one of the hardest times of our lives.

Thank you God!!

4 comments:

  1. Lori,
    Thanks, girl. It's what's in my heart. There are so many women who have suffered the loss of a child in one way or another and my heart goes out to them. To the dads also because they seem to be forgotten about. Of course, to the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful testimony, Amy! God truly has and will continue to use yours and Donny's story to comfort many who are awaiting reunion with child in heaven.

    Love you, girl!

    Mama Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mama Judy. God is so awesome to carry us through our hurting times and use those times to help others.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete