Saturday, January 24, 2009

Keith's Turn

I've told you about Donnie, now I want to tell you about my firstborn. Keith will be seventeen in March. I can't believe it. The years have flown by with him. It truly seems like it has been no time since he came into this world and showed me what unconditional love was all about. There's something about that first born child that is pretty special.


If I had to describe Keith it would be like this. Keith is a fine young man who loves the Lord. He has a gentle, quiet faith. Keith is not one to be the center of attention and really would rather be in the background. He truly is an unselfish person and would give you most anything he had. He is a gentleman.


Keith loves anything to do with electronics, music and movies. I figure he will end up like his dad doing something with computers for a living because that just seems to be how he is wired. He has always, even since he was a little fellow, been smarter than me with a computer. This always did and still does thrill him to know that he knows more than me on something. (actually probably on a lot of things)


When I think about Keith's future, I truly believe that he will be much like his daddy. I believe he will make some girl a wonderful husband someday. I believe he will serve and follow the Lord with all his heart. I know he will make mistakes, but I believe he will keep his focus on God and stay the course that is planned for him.


To Keith I would say, "I love you with all of my heart and am so proud of you and so thankful to have you as my son. I wouldn't change anything about you and think that God made you just perfect."

6 comments:

  1. AWWW...so sweet! I think Keith should be a weather man! He always seems to know what the forcast is going to be! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith will always be one of my favorite 4 year olds :) It seems like last week he was in my Sunday School class and in March he will be 17! Oh my! Time has passed so quickly. You have a very special young man there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mary, That has always been in the back or front of his mind. He used to say storm chaser then just a weather man. Who knows? God does, right?

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelly, Thanks so much for the kind words about Keith. He is a good guy and we are proud of the young man he has become.

    I know you are enjoying every minute of your little one.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keith, I've always thought you were just perfect, from the day I first saw you in the hospital!! You have become just the kind of young man that we thought you would and now I think it is exciting to continue to watch you grow and see what God is going to do with a wonderful young man like you. When you do find that special young lady and settle down (although I believe, and I think your Mom will agree, that it is going to be hard to find someone we think is good enough for you!!) I have some embarrassing baby bathtub pictures of you to show at the rehearsal dinner or maybe even the reception!!! LOL We Love You All, Uncle Gerald, Aunt Kathy, Kait & Clay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat, How sweet were your words to Keith. You've watched him grow up, haven't you? He says he loves you but keep hiding the pictures.

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete