Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Meet My Husband

I know most of you who are reading this blog know me and my family, but for those of you who may not then I want to begin introducing you to each one of my precious blessings that God has given me.

I know I have already introduced Faith and Chloe, but I do want to tell you more about Faith later. What a jewel she is.

Today I want to tell you a little about my husband, Donnie. The most important fact I can tell you about him is that he introduced me to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ almost twenty years ago. When I met Donnie I saw a true example of a Godly man who loved the Lord with all of his heart and soul. This handsome man who was sweeping me off of my feet was the kindest, most loving, honorable man that I had ever met. His integrity never waivered, his kindest never failed. He was a perfect gentleman and truly treated me like a princess in a fairy tale. He was a dream come true to a girl who really didn't know what she was looking for.

Through almost nineteen years of marriage Donnie has been my rock, my teacher, my inspiration, my best friend, my reliable one, my strong shoulder to cry on, my precious man. He has loved me when I have not been so easy to love. He has taught me so much. He has guided me with a wise hand just like a father would a daughter because I needed it. I had so much growing up to do. (I still do) He is so excited when I am happy. He loves to hear me laugh and hates to see my cry but will hold me when I do. He will advise me when I ask for it but will just listen when I tell him that all I need is an ear. He is such an intelligent person in so many areas. I love that about him because things just seem to come so easy for him. I love knowing I can ask him almost anything and he has an answer or at least will find one for me.

Donnie is a wonderful father who adores his children. What fun I have watching him teach his children who they should be just by the life he lives. Beth says he is making it hard for her to find a husband because dad has set the bar so high. Is there any greater compliment for a daddy? The interaction between Donnie and our kids is amazing to watch. What a blessing for me to know that my kids have the best daddy in the world. (sorry to any other dads who may be reading this)


Before I go any further I want to say that my husband is who he is because of Jesus Christ. I give Him all glory and honor for the man that I married. I am so thankful for Donnie's parents who taught him about Jesus, took him to church from the time he was a little boy and prayed for him each and every day of his life. They still do without ceasing.

I am so thankful that my mother introduced me to my sweet husband but I know that it was God who ultimately brought us together. He had a perfect plan for our lives and I am so grateful that it included us being one.

I am so thankful to Donnie for being who he is. I am so thankful that he chose me. I am so thankful that he brought me to Jesus. I am so thankful that he asked me to marry him so that I could say his favorite word, "yes".











7 comments:

  1. Tissues, please.....B E A U T I F U L !! I didn't call you tonight cause I knew you were watching AI (I know where I stand ;) ) We will talk soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, my husband was a wee bit embarrassed.

    You know you rank higher than Simon and Paula and even Jack Bauer.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly sweet! Such beautiful sentiments~ You are indeed blessed to have such a wonderful husband and children. I am glad that I got to know you when Mary and Shad lived in Tennessee!
    Wish we could see more of each other!

    Mama Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mama Judy. I am so truly thankful for a good man. You have one of those too, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tribute to your husband!!

    This is Nutt - Woody is my husband's nickname for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You better believe it! He is definitely a "keeper". I love him more and more each day--we have known each other for 47 years and have been married for 44 years. Love my man!

    Mama Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lori. Thanks for checking me out. I will look forward to keeping up with you as well.

    ReplyDelete