I love visiting with old friends, especially friends from my childhood. Today, the kids and I went to Fayetteville and visited with friends, that are actually more like family, from when I was a child. Their names are Fanny and Alvin. They have known me since I was a baby and have been friends of my family for many many years.
One of the best parts of visiting with them is that it brings back sweet memories of my grandparents. They were very close friends until my grandparents passed away. They are still close with my dad and stepmom and the rest of us.
My kids enjoy visiting with them because Fanny loves to tell my kids how mean I was growing up. She tells stories about me telling her that I didn't love her and that I was always mean to my brother; always tattling and trying to get him in trouble. I don't believe this could possibly be true. My kids think it's just great that mommy was mean and got in trouble like they do and they love that Fanny tells them all about it. I remind her that I grew out of all of that and what a sweet person I am now. :)
It really was a great day and I thank God for the opportunity to visit with these great friends one more time. I pray that I have many more opportunities to let my children spend time with people who have been a part of my life for a long time and who have helped in some small way to shape me into the person I am today. (even if it was a spanking from Fanny for being a little brat to my brother)






YOU????? MEAN????? I don't believe it for one second! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHard to believe that I could ever be a brat, isn't it? Don't ask my brother.
ReplyDeleteLove you.