No, it's not a gift that I received. It is a gift that God has given to Faith. This gift is one that she shares every opportunity that she gets.
You see, Faith has been given the gift of encouragment. She has such a sweet gift of lifting people up and making them feel good about themselves. It doesn't matter where we are, Sonic, Sam's, Wal-Mart, a toll-booth, walking down the beach, Faith will find someone that she wants to tell that they are pretty. In her words, "maam, you are very pretty".
I have seen more ladies faces light up when this sweet little girl tells them that they are pretty. It almost seems that they have a new found confidence. It's like some of them have never been told that and are hearing it for the first time.
You can't imagine how sweet it is and how much it means to me as a mom to hear these precious words come from her mouth. She truly sees beauty in each and every one of these people.
I think we can all learn from Faith and should always strive to see the very best in everybody. It may seem strange to give someone you don't know a compliment, but you never know what it might mean to them. We can always find something nice to say to people around us. One thing for sure, I do believe that it shows God's love in a very powerful way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Faith...thanks for being a good example for Mrs. Mary....I love you and am so proud of you!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ms. Mary. I love you too.
ReplyDelete