Saturday, June 13, 2009

Grandmother Time

After years and years of working, my mom has finally retired and we are getting to spend some extra quality time with her. Yesterday we went to Fayetteville and had lunch at a neat little restaurant on the square. We also walked around the square looking at different places that hold lots of memories for me growing up there as a child. We even got to sit on the whittling bench that I remember seeing the older gentlemen sit on while they talked and whittled away the hours.

We spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing at mom's (AKA JuJu's) house. I think mom is enjoying making up for time that she hasn't gotten to spend with the grandkids. The kid's and I had a wonderful day and look forward to many more throughout the summer.

Thanks, JuJu, for the delicious lunch and wonderful company.









2 comments:

  1. Your Mom looks great! Looks like you all had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day, Mary. So happy to be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete